How to find a remote job in 2023
In 2023, there are a lot of possibilities to land your dream remote job, here are tips to help you increase your chances.
Utilize remote search websites: While popular work sites such as linkedin do allow you to filter for remote works, there are also several websites that specializes only in remote jobs or different industries where remote jobs are more frequent.
- Flexjobs.com: One of the largest remote jobs for the American market.
- Arc.dev: Hiring of remote developers focused on minimizing the effort for the candidate.
- Otta.com: Matchmaking website for more senior positions and selected tech companies.
Consider if you want to start work as a freelancer: If you have niched expertise or knowledge within a specific area you could consider if working as a freelancer is something for you. Working as a freelancer can give you additional flexibility in how and when you work, but there can also be drawbacks in terms of not belonging to a team or having stability. Some of the most popular freelancer websites are:
- Upwork: - Here you can also browse companies looking for freelancers as opposed to only uploading a profile.
- Fiverr: - started as a website where you could buy services for $5 but now includes a wide variety of freelancers.
Network with other remote workers: There are numerous communities both on linkedin and other forums for remote workers. This can be a great opportunity to learn more about working remotely and even running into job openings that might not have been widely published.
Finding a remote job in 2023 is more accessible than ever, however the competition is also higher which requires some effort and strategy. Make sure to have your resume and linkedin profile updated as well as having references available. Also, don’t forget to regularly check in at some of your selected favorite remote companies to see what’s available on their website.